Friday, June 6, 2008

On the eve of departure...

As we get closer and closer to our eminent departure, I keep getting more and more excited. I have finished packing--yay!--and have made sure that my bag is under 50 pounds (although, just barely--it's 49!) I even bought a new suitcase just for this trip and it works very well. But you probably don't care much about my executive upright suitcase by Samsonite (even though the roller wheels really are extraordinary), so I will instead tell you a little bit about what some of the people I've talked to are feeling, as we approach our departure, just to give you an idea of how we the students are feeling...

I've talked to a lot of people about how they are feeling about this trip. Most people are feeling really good about it, some have mixed feelings, and some are a little unsure and anxious. Here are some of the things people have said to me (some are paraphrased for brevity and clarity, in which case they are marked as '...' instead of "...")...

'Yeah, I think it'll be a good time. Seems like this week [of rehearsals] is dragging on forever! I can't wait to get there!'

"Should be good."

'Yeah, I've never been out of the country, so it'll be a little weird at first, but I'm sure I'll like it.'

"I am so incredibly excited for tomorrow!"--Mr. Teague (I think he might be the most excited out of all of us.)

"The word tour reminds me of our church choir tour and that was so much fun, so I can't wait!"

As you can see, many people are very enthusiastic about this trip. This will be my last blog before we depart. I look forward to writing about our travel experience on Sunday. Until then...CP