Sunday, June 8, 2008

THANKS TO EXCHANGE FOUNDER BOB JACOBS!!!!

Guten tag:

It is still so surreal to me that I'm in Germany - absolutely amazing! Already this trip has verified two of my foundational beliefs - music is trans-generational and trans-cultural. The gentlemen in the photo, Bob Jacobs, came to wish us "bon voyage" yesterday (at least I think it was yesterday.) Mr. Jacobs founded this exchange, and shared his passion and joy with the students about this venture as we boarded our comfy yellow limousines outside of DGN. Bob Jacobs confirmed for me that music transcends generations. My current interactions with our host and other German music teachers verifies my belief that music transcends cultures. Our passion for and belief in what music does for the human condition is already a unifying elements in our interactions. What a blessing.

Parents, your children were amazing during the travel process - they continue to make us all proud!

Tschus,

Glenn Williams