Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Tale by Clement Clarke Moore, Arranged by Ben Tullis




'Twas the night before the band trip
and all through the house,
All the creatures were stirring,
Yes, even the mouse.
My clothes are packed in my suitcase with care,
in hopes that the band trip will soon be here.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter...

Well... ok so we don't have mice in my house.
And the clatter is definitely in the house, and not on the lawn. And maybe my suitcase isn't completely packed.
But the creatures are stirring as we rush around trying to get me completely packed and ready. However, progress is currently being hindered by the cat sitting in my suitcase.
Wow, I can't believe the trip is already upon us. This will be my first time leaving the country, but I couldn't think of a better way to take my first international trip than with 87 of my colleagues from Downers Grove North and South. Throughout the rehearsals this week, I have gotten to make great music, and new friends, and I can't wait to get on that plane tomorrow and share two weeks immersed in a new culture with them! I am so anxious to meet my host family and I am looking forward to new experiences in Germany. I would like to thank the music staff from North and South for preparing this trip and making it all possible so that me and many others can experience world cultures first hand. Well I'm done for right now, I will talk to you all from Germany!
...Happy band trip to all,
And to all a good night!