Monday, June 9, 2008

We're Going To Have a Good Time

As the Beatles wrote:

"They say it's your birthday... you're going to have a good time!"

And I did! It was wonderful to celebrate my birthday with a couple other birthday students, and an anniversary couple in beautiful Germany. Our trip today was fantatic. A great adventure to a very pictureque destination. My very part, however, continues to be the connections that we make with the wonderful families here. Arriving at the Gehlen family's house was truly like coming home. The entire plane ride over I was thinking, "when I get home I'm going to..." Bernd, Elke (his wife), Paul and Christina (their children) were definitely a sight for sore eyes. It has been great to catch up with them and of course to watch at least the first half of what was ultimately a German victory in their first EuroCup match (I fell asleep for the second half)!

So, in short... students are doing great, chaperones are doing great, host families and wonderful!

Looking forward to sharing our music in our first concert of the tour tomorrow. Our students are really going to "wow" the audience I'm sure. I hope they understand the Godzilla thing... :)