Saturday, June 7, 2008

Preparing for Takeoff!

I cannot begin to describe how excited I am to go on the airplane tomorrow and arrive in Germany. This trip will be my third trip with the band. (I previously traveled to New York and Indianapolis.) It will also be my third international school trip. (I went to France with the French department and Greece with the social studies department.) Each trip has been completely unique and I am thrilled to discover this new atmosphere. When the German band came here last May, I formed several great new friendships, including the girl I hosted, Mirja. I know my stay at her house will bring us even closer. I am excited to call her my German sister. I know that no trip is complete without a few nervous moments. And I know that I will be up late tonight double and triple checking my suitcase. But I also know that this is a trip of a lifetime and I will have many years of fond memories.
Tschus! Next time I write I will be in Bietigheim!