Friday, June 6, 2008

CHAPERONING BAG-O-FUN

Greetings:

I am rife with anticipation for a myriad of reasons. This is my first time to Europe EVER!!! First, being on the precipice of experiencing architectural art history in person is an amazing feeling. I have longed to see the things I've seen in books in person for years - now that yearning is about to become a reality. Second, this tour is going to be musically amazing. When I first read the term HONOR BAND, I must admit I was slightly skeptical. After hearing the sonic emanations during the course of this rehearsal week, my suppositions were proven wrong - both ensembles are truly HONORS BANDS. Parents - be proud of how your kids are sounding this week. Finally, I am truly excited to be a chaperone (as demonstrated by the photo of the BAG-O-FUN that is about to travel with us.) As a director, I've been insulated from chaperoning duties for years. Now that this charge is a major part of my purpose on this trip, I look forward to embracing it to the best of my ability. My first time in Europe, with a bag-o-fun, making great music. The next two weeks are indeed going to produce a lifetime of memories for many reasons.

Tchus,

Mr. Williams (aka G-dub)