Monday, June 9, 2008

Owls and Castles and Sheep, Oh My!

It's only our second full day here in Germany, and I already feel like I don't have enough room to share everything that's happened so far! I arrived at my host family (the Schillings) house yesterday. They have been so wonderful. Michi is my age, Elena is a little younger and also in the orchestra, and David lives at home but is studying at University. Mr. and Mrs. Schilling are so nice; Mr. Schilling is a beekeeper and sells honey. They also have a French exchange student living with them, so there are three languages being spoken in the house right now!
Yesterday, my family took me to an old castle where we saw trained hawks, owls, and eagles perform. It was amazing! I couldn't understand the speaker, and neither could the French exchange student, so Mrs. Schilling had to translate everything he said into French and English! Later on, Michi and David took me to the BallHaus to watch the soccer finals. I was so tired so it was hard to stay awake, but after Germany won, it seemed like everyone was out driving with their horns blasting! It didn't quiet down for hours!