Wednesday, June 18, 2008

IN THE MIDST OF HISTORY




















Guten morgen:

We are back in Germany - it almost feels like home! We are visiting places that I've only read about in books or seen in photos. Reading about Terazin is one thing - experiencing Terazin first-hand is an entirely different experience. The two photos above provide only a minimal representation of the effect of visiting this haunting place.

My father flew in the Berlin Airlift. I am standing in Berlin right now wondering where he landed, where he walked. I have never had history effect me on a personal level prior to this experience. Yesterday, we visited the door in Wittenburg where the Reformation began. I was walking in the dust of Martin Luther, one of the greatest theological thinkers ever. Begin amist historically relevant places that are personally striking is moving me in ways that mere words are unable to convey.

Thanks for reading -

Glenn Williams