Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Concert Day!

Today was the day of our first concert! I was anxiously awaiting this all day as we toured the beautiful city of Bietigheim-Bissengen. The city has a lot of history, and I think that we only got to experience part of it. I could sense that the German people have a great sense of tradition and history that is unlike many. The town has a lot of cool architecture. There are many different sculptures, buildings, and fountains that make for an interesting mix of new and old. One such building is the Musikschule, which we were able to see today. The school is in a renovated castle, and although the outside is older, the inside is very modern. I enjoyed walking through the streets of Bietigheim and being able to hear the sounds of children at their music lessons. When the day had passed, it was time for the concert. I did not feel very nervous before the concert, but I was anxious to see what the reaction would be from the German audience. I was pleased after each piece to see such a huge amount of enthusiasm for us and our music. It was such a rewarding experience. It was very good to know that even though we don#t all speak the same language, we are able to communicate through our most important universal language of music!