Monday, June 9, 2008

Second Trip to Neuschwanstein...

Hello, friends and family! Today was a great day. I know that I speak for myself and the whole group when I say that we all had a great time today touring the fairy tale castle of Neuschwanstein. For most on the tour it was their first time visiting this magical location, but it was my second (I took a trip with the DGS German Club in 2006). I think, however, that going for a second time was just as enjoyable as the first time. It was certainly helpful for the chaperones and other students to have someone who knew the area. The castle was very beautiful--I remembered ít well, and perhaps I was able to enjoy it further this time. I would have posted some pictures, but cameras are forbidden inside the castle.

Here at my 'German parent's' home, we are always eating! The garden is huge and always fresh. 100% organic and 200% delicious! I find that I am sleeping very well in a nice comfortable bed. I know that my German has improved even in just one day, and it will continue to do so. I am speaking German probably 90% of the time--sometimes even by accident to my fellow American students! My german teacher would be proud, I'm sure. But now, ''Ich bin sehr müde'' (I am very tired!). Tomorrow we are looking forward to our first concert, which will include the European Premiere of my original composition Hockets and Offbeats, which we played in May back home. Wish us luck; haben Sie eine Gute Nacht (have a good night)! Bis morgen (Till Tomorrow)...CP