Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I don´t even know where to begin

We have been in Germany for three days now, but to me it feels like three years. I have done so many activities and met so many new people in my stay in Bietigheim, I feel as though I could write a novel. Since being here, I really do feel that this trip is the chance of a lifetime and I so grateful I could be a part of it. Here are a few great moments from the past two days:
1. My birthday- I turned eighteen on June 9 and on that morning, I came downstairs for breakfast and found my family standing around a cake with candles, singing Happy Birthday to me. It was so sweet. In the evening, we had a party with all my friends at my host, Mirja´s, house. It was so much fun!
2. Downtown Bietigheim- I really enjoyed the tour we took of Bietigheim. I learned so much about the culture and the town. It is very interesting to me because this town is thousands of years old, while Downers Grove is only about 175 years old.
3. Our first concert- Tonight we had our first concert with the Jungendblasorchester, the German band. It was an amazing concert. The audience was incredibly appreciate of the music and gave us several standing ovations. We even played an encore.
4. Talking like the Germans- Ya, ya I speak like the Germans ya. The longer I am here the more I begin to speak (and write) like the Germans speak English. Their accent is so addicting!
I am very excited for the next few days. I know my experiences on this trip will continue to be absolutely amazing! Tschus!