Monday, June 9, 2008

Amazing First Day

Hello all,

So the first day was amazing. I won't say too much about the plane ride, except that it was nice to sit in the middle of a row with people I didn't know. It was nice to talk to someone that was not on our trip about our trip, and to ask them about their trip (the man on my right was going to India to visit his mom and the people on my left slept the whole way). Anyway, my host family did not all come to pick me up, they sent Viktor to get me because his mom was preparing breakfast and his dad had biked to a farm in the mountains to get asparagas for dinner that night (which consisted of potatoes, asparagas and a little cooked ham all covered in a creamy cheese sauce. It was amazing). Before dinner we went to an indoor beach and played an informal soccer match, U.S. vs. Germany (and JJ J.). The US clamied a victory with a score of 6 to 4. After a short game of Frisbee we were all pretty tired and went home to shower the sand, sweat, and adrenaline from our bodies before dinner. After dinner, Viktor and I met a a few friends at a sports bar to watch the Germany vs. Poland European Cup game. It was really loud and you couldn't help but get swept up in the excitement! After a thrilling victory of 2-0 we drove around town honking the horn and flying the German flag. We were not alone, it seemed like most of Germary was out last night celebrating! I can't wait for the next match on Thursday!

Well talk to you all later!
Auf Wiedersehen