Friday, June 13, 2008

A weeks reflections...




Everything I have to say about the places we've visited so far, just restates what others have been saying in their blogs. This place is amazing in everyway!

This trip is really something that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life.

I know I'm going to have plenty of stories by the time the trip is done. I already have several handfuls! Like hearing kids speak with a slight German accent or while sitting in the park playing the HaHa game and German civilians walking by giving us a few weird looks. Or someone talking to us in German and then we have to explain we don't understand or trying new food or just stories about the host family or things that teenagers do.

The places are so beautiful and even this little town is great. I love just going for walks around the house and seeing the houses and the gardens that every single one has. It's so different from back home but I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm also going to remember all the people I've met too. Not only my magnificent host family, who have taken care of me this past week and have been so kind to me and wonderful in everyway, but also the North kids. Coming into this, I thought we were going to be separate. The South kids and the North kids...but that's not true at all. We Are The District 99 Honors Band. We've taken care of each other during this trip and will continue to do so. I know everyone is thinking the same thing as I am when I say to all of you back home that you don't have to worry about your world traveler here in Germany because we've got each other's back! We're more than a band...we're a big, happy, hilarious band family!