Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prague.... hmmm






Leaving our host families was depressing to say the least, and I can say that I was a little homesick for my German family. The host families were so sad to see us go that some of the kids held a sit-down protest. Yes! they actually sat in front of the buses to stop them from leaving. When we got to Prague, the feeling was worse because the Hotel Dum mattresses were not as comfortable as our host family. But that was only a minor thing. The city of Prague was beautiful. It was so cool to experience the city and its shops. A lot of the shops were touristy, but the street vendors were the best. I had my first experience in haggling prices. It was a successful trip. One of the most bizarre things were the Czech currency called Crowns. The exchange rate from yesterday was around 16 crows per US dollars. I felt rich! The food at the restaurant was pretty good especially the nonalcoholic eggnog filled ho-hos (yum!). Well we are in Berlin now, and everyone seems happy to be back in Germany. I got a message from my host family that says they miss me and to have fun on the rest of the trip! By the way, Germany won their fußball match yesterday 1-0!

Ciao for now

Ben Tullis


(photos added to post - B. Teague)